The present hall was opened to the public on October 14th 2005.
It replaced the original building, constructed in timber and corrugated iron, which
was uplifted from an airstrip at Haggerston in 1918, after the First World War,
and placed on the land which was gifted to the village by Lord Grey of Howick.
It was named the Ancroft Memorial Hall and a plaque was hung on the building in memory
of those who had died in the conflict. This plaque has been transferred to the new
The present building consists of a main hall, a well equipped kitchen, a committee
room, a store room and toilets. To find out details of booking of the hall please
The hall is a member of the North Northumberland Village Hall Consortium.
It is run by an elected committee of volunteers and the present office holders are: